Creative Learning Systems develops engaging STEM and digital media programs for elementary, middle, and high schools. We call them SmartLabs®.
Since creating the first technology lab in a U.S. school in 1987, Creative Learning Systems has pioneered STEM and digital media arts programs in K–12 education. Together, with our partner schools across the country, we put technology in the hands of students and engage them with personalized, problem-based learning. While the technologies behind our learning solutions are ever-evolving, our educational philosophy remains constant:
- All learners require proficiency in STEM. STEM programs must address the needs of a wide range of abilities, learning styles, and personal interests.
- The most effective STEM education is an integrated, transdisciplinary approach that builds connections to fine arts, language arts, and social studies.
- College and career readiness demands next generation skills such as critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration and communication, project and time management, creativity, and adaptability. These skills must be an integral part of the educational experience.
- Application of technology to work is a critical workplace competency. Students should have the opportunity to actively practice and develop these skills in school.
- Personalized learning is individualized, differentiated, and relevant to the interests of every student. Personalized learning empowers students to shape their own learning experience.
- Authentic learning requires authentic assessment. ePortfolios provide a basis for authentic assessment while developing critical communication skills.